Last updated on July 26th, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Supplements are booming in the fitness industry. People are looking to take their bodies to top performance and seem to not be able to achieve it with only exercise and good nutrition. To get the extra edge many are turning to performance enhancement compounds that are safe and prove to work.
When people think of fitness supplements, they often think of bodybuilding and weight training. However, cardio training places demands on the body that require additional support. SARMs are new types of androgen receptor ligands that act like testosterone but without the negative effects.
We’ll discuss the three top SARMs for cardio so that you can start taking your training to a higher level of performance and results.
Why Supplement Cardio Training?
To engage in a spin class or a light jogging session around the neighborhood, you probably won’t need any supplementation. For the extra boost before working out, you might find that having a smoothie or banana provides enough energy for you to feel your best.
In contrast, if you will engage in a very intense type of cardio, you may want to have a supplement that aids your body. Training that involves high intensity and lasting endurance like running, swimming, or cycling long distances require a lot of energy. Those types of activities place a lot of stress on the body as well. The primary reasons that fitness enthusiasts take performance enhancing drugs for cardio workouts are:
- For more energy prior to and post endurance exercises.
- To stay mentally sharp, especially during extended runs or rides.
- To maximize muscle strength – necessary for challenging inclines or tough terrains.
- For the recovery phase after exercising to continue with their next training sessions as soon as possible.
Next, we’ll review in detail the three top SARMs for cardio: Stenabolic, Cardarine, and Testolone.
Stenabolic has become widely popular for boosting energy, enhancing endurance, and burning fat during high-intensity cardio sessions. It’s not suppressive, you won’t need to do a PCT (post-cycle therapy) after taking it. It’s the best sarm for cardio.
Stimulates mitochondria production that occurs intracellularly for 50% more energy production.
- Boosts metabolism, burns more energy instead of storing fat.
- Builds macrophages in cells to build endurance and increase workload.
- Helps you extend your distances.
- Helps you increase your cardiovascular output.
- Less delayed onset of muscle soreness (DOMS).
- Decreases inflammation.
Dosage & Side Effects
Start with a minimal dose and work your way up to 30 mg daily. Stenabolic does not interfere with estrogen or androgens, which makes it compatible with both men and women. There are no known side effects.
Cardarine is known as a SARM because of its similar effects, but it is under the PPAR agonist category. It has been used by athletes since the 1990s to increase stamina.
- Speeds up recovery.
- Burns excess body fat.
- Increases endurance, energy, and stamina.
- Helps your body use glucose efficiently.
- Increases insulin sensitivity.
Dosage & Side Effects
Suggested use is 5 to 20 mg each day. Research about side effects has mixed results. Because of the small doses and that it doesn’t stimulate the nervous system, Cardarine has no known side effects. Other reports show that it causes cancer, but oddly enough, activating PPAR-delta reduces inflammation and is good for the heart.
Many athletes that do intense cardio training consider Testolone one of the best SARMs for increasing endurance and muscle strength. It is widely used by bodybuilders who want to increase their workload.
- Increases muscle mass quickly.
- Boost endurance especially when combined with track work.
- Increases metabolic rate, burning energy faster and preventing fat storage.
- Reinforces the effects of testosterone.
- No suppression or side effects.
Dosage & Side Effects
You should start with 10 mg per day and increase up to 30 mg per day. Although it does not have any official side effects, some people have experienced hair loss, mood swings, and fatigue.
As you can see, the same reason why bodybuilders take supplements is why taking them for cardio training is beneficial. It takes a lot of muscle and power to endurance in high-intensity cardio. Plus, recovery is an essential part of both types of training.
There’s a big community of SARMs users full of resources and data. Once you research your options, you’ll find a SARM or a combination of SARMs that work best for you.